The NSW state awards have been an inactive initiative for a few years. The TBA NSW State Advisory Committee recognises these awards’ importance and has opened nominations for the past two years of 2019 and 2020.
The TBANSW State Advisory Committee aims to acknowledge those that demonstrated sustained performances at the sport’s highest levels throughout those years.
There will be a separate group of awards for each year—for example, Junior Bowler of the Year 2019 and Junior Bowler of the Year 2020.
The objective for establishing the State Awards is to recognise these outstanding individuals who can hold up as role models for our sport and the importance of the individuals and volunteers behind the sport of tenpin bowling in NSW.
Recognition through NSW State Awards relates to:
• Athletes who have demonstrated sustained performances at the highest levels in the sport of tenpin bowling for the year of nomination.
• Administrators, Officials, Coaches and Volunteers who have made an extraordinary, inspirational, and dedicated personal contribution to tenpin bowling and the development in NSW.
NSW Tenpin Bowling Association State Awards will be given for the following:
• Junior Bowler of the Year – Male and Female (Must not have attained the age of 18 by 1st of January in year of the award)
• Youth Bowler of the Year – Male and Female (Must not have attained the age of 21 by 1st of January in year of the award)
• Adult Bowler of the Year – Male and Female (Must be 18 or over in year of award)
• Senior Bowler of the Year – Male and Female (Must be turning 50 or over in year of award)
• Athlete with Disability Bowler of the Year (Must meet the criteria as defined by TBA)
• Coach of the Year (Must be currently TBA Accredited)
• NSW TBA Representative Team of the Year
• Volunteer of the Year – by nomination
• Volunteer recognition – by nomination
Individuals or Teams must be active members of Tenpin Bowling Australia (TBA) and must have resided in NSW for the majority of the period for which they are being considered.
The attached policy details the criteria attached to each separate award.
Nominations for State Awards can be made by any current financial member of Tenpin Bowling Australia other than the individual being nominated.
The policy and nomination form can be downloaded by clicking either one of the documents below:
- Standard PDF version – To fill out by hand, scan and send
- Digital-PDF version – to fill out on your computer and send
A completed nomination form addressing why the person should be eligible under the criteria needs to be forwarded to the TBANSW State Championships and Roll Off’s Tournament Secretary Cherrie Dinham at [email protected]